Woman Pregnant for Two Years Gives Birth to a Little Book of Big Mojo ( June 12, 2015)

I’ve been living like a troll in a cave for the past several months—coming out of my writing hole only long enough to coach clients, eat and bathe.

On occasion, I speak to my family and sometimes even see a friend! Go me!

I realized I haven’t sent out a “monthly” newsletter to y’all since March.

I’ve been completely pre-occupied and I’m a tad afraid I’ve become a recluse.

If this were a human baby I’d be dialated to 10 centimeters and screaming my bloody head off.

Jesus Christ, writing a book is a tedious process, and I am not exactly a patient person. Combing over semi-colons and proper pronouns is not my idea of a good time, but alas, this has been my life of late.

But it really feels worth it when I see the polished, sparkly product of my two year labor. I feel like Pinocchio when he says “I’m a real boy!”

I am a real author, and I birthed a real book!

I’m really excited for you to meet my Little Book of Big MOJO !!!!!
And when I say excited, I actually mean terrified. I’m also thrilled and confident mixed with hint of nausea and a bit trepidation.

My inner approval whore has reared her ugly head with a vengeance, as I’m finding myself hoping and praying that people like my baby.

Husbando loves my baby, but it’s sort of good for his health to say so, right?

My editors say it’s fabulous, and I hope that’s true—but really, maybe they are being nice.

In any case, the deal is: I put my heart and soul in this book and I know it’s my very best work. I’ve honestly given it my all.

Sooooo, I’m sending the book to the cover and layout designer this week, and in the meantime I’m going to work on my bullshit Lamaze breathing (that DOES NOT WORK!) and try to stay off the crazy hamster wheel in my head when my insecurity goes haywire and shouts who do you think you are writing a book, little missy?

My personal favorite shitty thought is your baby is ugly and you’re the only one who doesn’t know it!

Lame, I know—but luckily it only encompasses about 10% of how I feel. The other 90% is doing a serious happy dance and giving myself a high five and a chest bump. Because I know that what I’ve written can change your life and help you find your long lost MOJO.

I will be communicating with you far more frequently now, I hope you don’t get sick of me!

In a few days I’m going to send you the introduction to Little Book of Big MOJO!

In the meantime, I hope y’all are doing well and I can’t wait to tell you more!

Originally Posted June 12, 2015

Woman Pregnant for Two Years Gives Birth to a Little Book of Big Mojo ( June 12, 2015)